[clug] openoffice 2.0 spelling issues

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 04:17:46 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 13:09 +1100, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
> Ahh. Yoiu mean to tell me they use myspell dictionaries and not the
> openoffice dicts as such?

If I understood it right the OpenOffice dicts *are* myspell dicts.

I was wrong about having no means of specifying the language of the
text. You can do it with Format->Character (the language item is hidden
in the middle of the dialog box).  You can use that to set the text to
English (UK) or whatever, overriding the document default.

> Ok.
> That is a nsatu state of affairs...

I dunno, the myspell dicts seem to work fine enough, apart from en_AU
not being available for Debian yet.

By the way, the dicts in general can be grabbed from
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/spell_dic.html

I understand that OOo has it's own Add Dictionary function for using
them, while you're waiting for Debian to package one that you're
missing.

I should mention as a disclaimer, I use unstable not sarge.

Drew