[clug] Laptop to go into suspend-to-ram.

Bunyip Redgum bunyipr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:45:31 GMT 2005

You may find that the screen blanking is simply the lid switch turning
the display (back-light) off.  I find it interesting that on this laptop
(Toshiba 30CDT - about 4 1/2 years old) FreeBSD 5.3 will suspend to ram
when I shut the lid but Ubuntu doesn't...  I turned it off as I
inevitably half closed the lid 90% of the way through a long compile or
download and had to start over!

B.