Reply vs Reply all (Was [clug] Free Sun 20" Monitor (multisync), thin clients & SGI Indigo)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Nov 3 08:47:21 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 01:03:53PM +1000, Arafangion wrote:
> It appears to be dependant on the mailing list, possibly as well as the other
> person's email client.
>
> For some people on the list, a reply goes to the list, and others, such as you
> (David), a reply would go straight to you and not go to the list.

Well, the way it works for me is that "reply" sends to "from" or
"reply-to", which seems the only sane way to go. What appears to have
happened to Arafangion is that pressing reply sends to the "to"
address?? (Look at the original email, there's no reply-to or any other
header with the mailing list address).

My guess is that KMail, being helpful, has detected it as a mailing
list post and made it reply-to-list. Check the config options...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/