[clug] Computer buildfest idea

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Tue Nov 1 12:48:26 GMT 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:44:54 +1100
Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just got an e-mail from a local well-known distributor who has a bunch
> of stuff he is unable to sell (old stock etc.). Reckons there might be
> enough for about 5 or 6 complete systems. If we decide to go ahead with
> this idea, he will deliver the stuff to ANU and then collect (his) left-
> overs and dispose of.
>
> So, looks to me like we should probably go ahead with this build/install
> fest idea. When are people up for it? I'll open the bidding with a
> Saturday morning - say 12th Nov.?

Excuse me, we obviously have a lot of junk between us all,
but what we need is someone who needs this junk. I'm not brining my stuff
just so I can take it away again. Who is going to want an old
computer with some funny OS from finland on it ?

And how much can be accomplished in one morning ? (not much, i would say)

Simon.

--
Simon Burton, B.Sc.
Licensed PO Box 8066