[clug] /dev/port

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Mon May 30 08:38:08 GMT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 06:03:48PM +1000, Adrian Blake wrote:
> I am having trouble opening /dev/port . I want to be able to read and write
> to io addresses that make up the printer port. I can open files but not
> /dev/port.  Any suggestions

Amongst the things I don't suggest you do to solve this is 'man /dev/port'.
Hoping for a manpage about /dev/port, instead my laptop locked hard. >_<

That's my "dumb things to do to my laptop" for the evening.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.