[clug] Ominous DRM rumblings

david david at qednet.biz
Fri May 27 02:49:11 GMT 2005

Its Real streaming is a bit of a legacy. I attended their annual IT
conference recently, the Real streamers have a 50/50 chance of dying at
some time.(support and licence questions).

MS's strength is their saleforce is firmly entrenched and their product
is so pervasively integrated (suprise suprise)

For anyone who wants an insight into the mindset of corporate IT within
the ABC, contact me off list

For mine, WMA looks like doing a MS Word on the world - scarey isn't it?

david

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:41:57 +1000 Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Well... considering that WMA has become the defacto standard for so
>>many sites that do streaming audio? Just check out Canberra FM, or
>>ABC Radio.
>

> to be fair, ABC also streams Real Audio ...

David Howe
http://www.qednet.biz
    | Your mouse has moved.                                     |
    | Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect.  |