[clug] Dealing with HTTP proxies on random networks

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Wed May 25 11:23:51 GMT 2005

I wonder if you could use a hand written proxy.pac file.

proxy.pac is written in a subset of javascript described here:
http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

It does have a function myIpAddress()

This has some interesting stuff:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/web-browser-auto-
proxy-configuration.html

On 2005 May 25 at 6:40 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 18:17 +1000, Michael Still wrote:
>
>> Hey all.
>>
>> My laptop roams between three networks regularly. One has tranparent
>> HTTP proxying, one has no proxying, and one has an environment
>> where you
>> _have_ to use their HTTP proxy.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a package which will manage that for me so I
>> don't
>> need to do the three clicks in Firefox to change my proxy setup
>> when I
>> change network?
>>

> What about the proxy switch extension?
>

> --

Kim Holburn
Network Manager,  National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641 F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request  callto://
kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=16 -> http://
www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961