[clug] Logfile analyzer....

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sat May 7 01:28:37 GMT 2005

On 7 May 2005, at 10:03, Conrad Canterford wrote:

> Normally, I'd have suggested AWStats. However, unless they've
> released a
> new version in the last week or so, the most recent version has a
> known
> and trivially usable exploit

One problem with AWStats is that it generates the reports on the fly.
This can be wasteful of resources on your web host. It also makes it
easy for arbitrary script execution bugs to creep in.

Other tools (pwebstats, IIRC) do analysis in a batch job to present
you with static reports. The script is not called by the web server,
all that's exposed to the world is static HTML documents.

For Squid, have a look at calamaris.

I can't check on other packages... my systems at the ANU are behind
the switches that are out of commission for the day.

Alex