[clug] IPW2200 + WPA Support Anyone?

Russell Zweck rzweck at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 16 14:12:24 GMT 2005

Frank,

I am running a Dell 9300 laptop with the ipw2200 driver running kubuntu
5.04 using WPA-PSK for encryption.  Kubuntu 5.04 (hoary hedgehog) ran
the wireless card out of the box - but not with WPA.  I only got it
working finally today after several days of trying.  I don't know
exactly which step worked but it was definitely to with setting up the
wpa_supplicant software and associated scripts and config files.  I got
it working from information and scripts from the below links.  Nothing I
found worked exactly without some modification, but they gave me enough
of a start.

After I loaded wpa_supplicant software, I didn't need to load any other
crypto software from memory, as I think that some is supplied with
wpa_supplicant.

try this link for ubuntu which may help:
http://tvilda.tigbis.lt/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ubuntu__intel_pro_wireless_2200bg__wpa_mini-howto_en
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=26623
https://wiki.ubuntu.com//WPAHowto

I also found these links which may be of use:
http://fedoranews.yanbaru.dyndns.org/articles/atheros/
http://atrpms.net/name/wpa_supplicant/

I hope this helps.  I can give you some more details if this doesn't get
you very far.

Russell.