[clug] Debian release party at this month's CLUG?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jun 7 04:42:27 GMT 2005

On 7 Jun 2005, at 13:50, Michael James wrote:

> With all that has been snipped on offer,
>  I might go out to technology warehouse
>  and pick up a WRT54G for $129

I bought mine (v1.1) out there a few months ago. Be aware that
OpenWRT only supports certain versions of the WRT54G:

Supported Hardware:  http://openwrt.org/TableOfHardware
Identifying Version: http://openwrt.org/
OpenWrtFaq#head-30bcb6522845ab80786a73e0149d9eaeb09172ed

Of course, the catch there is that you can't determine the version
until after you've bought it! So I have to be really really careful
with mine, since Linksys in their wisdom decided to make later
versions of their hardware non-hackable (or at least, not easily
hackable) :(

Alex