[clug] Gnome changing default applications

Joel Plane joel.plane at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:45:39 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm trying to change the default application used to open .java files. I
want to be able to double click on a .java file to compile it. I've
already written a script that I can call to compile the file and display
compile errors using xmessage. I can't make it the default application,
I have to right click, Open with, then select it from the list.
I've done some googling and I've been told to go to "File Types and
Programs" in gnome-control-panel, but its not there.
I'm using Gnome 2.8.0 on Fedora Core 3.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Joel.