[clug] Light laptops with good Linux support?

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 03:25:53 GMT 2005

Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 18:19 +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
>
>>I'm starting to think about getting a new laptop, and because I'm so lazy,
>>wondered if anyone had already done the research / had experience.
>>

> I can heartily recommend the IBM R series Thinkpads.
>
> I've got an R51.  There is (or was) an "express" model which stood out
> among the others for value for money - smaller price for better specs
> (more memory).  You can check on the ibm website.
>
> Drew

Actually you'll probably have to go to the lenovo website these days.

www.lenovo.com/en/au

After lenovo bought the ibm PC division, ibm no longer sell laptops or PCs.

IBM do own 20% of lenovo, with the Chinese Government taking up 49% and
smaller holders the rest!
--
Paul Warren                    |   UIN: 10374690
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au |   MSN: qvack4 at hotmail.com
pwarren.homelinux.org          | SKYPE: p.a.warren