[clug] Debian cds and the next LUG meeting.

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 27 22:53:02 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 22:23 +1000, Pascal Klein wrote:
> Thanks for this. I replied to the CLUG list because Ambrose also mentioned
> something, but yea - perhaps use Ubuntu? That's only 1-2 cds. :-)
>
> What do you think?

You'll probably find you only need 1-2 CDs to get Debian running
decently. The packages are sorted by popularity so you only need CDs
11,12,13 if you feel you really can't manage without xringd, protoize or
idn.

I haven't checked personally just how far you can get without the whole
set, but that's the general idea.  You could do a base install from only
a couple of CDs, then add any other specific packages of interest from
the net.

Drew