[clug] clug site

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 13:03:57 GMT 2005

Pascal Klein wrote:

>http://www.fwblinux.net/index.php
>
>I realise we have emailing going nicely, although something like this could
>still go parallel to the mailing list. What do you think?

I think the mailing list handles threaded, time-based conversations as
well as a forum does, and it probably doesn't make sense to have them
both.  As email is push, not pull, it's probably more convenient.

However, a collective hive mind of of 'time-less' knowledge would be
good.  For this a wiki rocks.  However, there are enough wikis out
there, and your average CLUGger is busy enough, that a home-grown wiki
is unlikely to really gain the momentum it needs, and would wither and
become stale.

Interestingly, someone recently tried to get a majority of LUGs
world-wide to unite, with not-so-good results.  Story gone from my
newsfeed though.

Tony