[clug] Weird 500 error - script not executing?

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Sat Jul 9 06:26:48 GMT 2005

At 02:57 PM 9/07/2005, Owen Cook wrote:

>1. does the shebang line point to where perl is

Yep; I copied it from a working script just in case I'd done something
stupid that my eyeballs couldn't detect, but it still did exactly the same
thing.

>2. have you run the script through a dos2unix script in case you have
>inherited dos carriage returns

It's all written under Unix, but I know the scripts work in CRLF mode as
well (thanks to Perl).

>There are three other reasons but not on the top of my head, but try
>especially number 2

I'm right out there at the crazy solution stage.  My next plan is to rename
the old file, create a new file with the old name and copy bits of it back
in and see what happens.

Thanks,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW