[clug] Weird 500 error - script not executing?

Mark Triggs mst at dishevelled.net
Sat Jul 9 05:08:55 GMT 2005

Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> writes:

> At 02:28 PM 9/07/2005, Kim Holburn wrote:
>>Are you using carp?  That can help.
>
> Yes, I am, and also CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);  None of these change
> the output.

Is 'use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);' the first module you're
importing?  If your script is failing on some other module beforehand,
you still won't see anything in your browser.

Except for checking the permissions on the script and parent
directories, the only other thing I can think is that the script could
be relying on some environment variables that aren't set by Apache.

Good luck,

Mark

--
Mark Triggs