[clug] mythtv with DVB

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Jul 4 11:48:21 GMT 2005

At 09:43 PM 3/07/2005, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone in Canberra has got MythTV (~ Version 0.18)
>working with a digital tv card (eg something like a Fusion HDTV card).

I've done this very thing - I have a AVerMedia DVB-T and a TwinHan
VisionPlus or something like that.  You have to get the
/dev/dvb/adapter{0,1,2,3}/* devices working with the appropriate major and
minor numbers for MythTV to work with the cards correctly.  Contact me on-
or off-list for how to get it working in MythTV.

>I've managed to get the card working with dvbstream/tzap/mplayer, but
>am having difficulty configuring the channels with mythtv -
>specifically finding a way to enter the digital tuning information in
>without editing the mysql database directly (or even knowing exactly
>what I need to enter into the database).

I, conversely, have had enormous problems getting the analogue TV card I
had in there to work - I couldn't work out what values to plug in and the
values that I tried produced nothing but static.

I can thoroughly recommend http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv as a resource for
setting up MythTV in all scenarios.

HTH,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW