[clug] xmms and URLs

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Sat Jan 29 09:28:52 GMT 2005

Hi there,

for some time, my xmms refuses to open URLs which link to mp3 files.
I believe it has to do with redirecting, since there are sites where,
for instance, the remote (ogg) files play just fine,
e.g. www.soundfabrik.net.

I also saw some issues about xmms and IPv6 in some mail archives, but
I enabled this in my kernel...  (Plus, how many sites run IPv6
anyway?)

Any ideas on how to get xmms back into good old streaming mode?
Internet radio and the like work fine, too, by the way.  It's really
only occuring with remote mp3 files.

Thanks & cheers,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell but it goes like