[clug] GRUB error

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Sat Jan 29 09:24:45 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 01:34:10PM -0800, Dennis M Gray wrote:

> Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format.
>
> I installed Fedora Core 3 on a spare drive. Now I am
> unable to boot my RedHat 7.1. I get the above error. I
> have done a quick search but haven't found a solution
> yet. Any suggestions at where to start?

While I am not quite sure what is going on and what this error really
means, I can only state my experiences: I've seen this before with a
messed up MBR / partitiona table, respectively.  You may have to
rewrite these onto the boot disk, e.g. using Knoppix.

Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct,