[clug] OT: personal recommendations for TPG ISP

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at linuxmail.org
Fri Jan 28 17:43:42 GMT 2005

Hi.

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 22:17, Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:34 +1100, Michael James wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:01 am, Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:
> > > I'm thinking of getting off TransACT and going for TPG's 1.5M/256k
> > > service
> >
> > I'd second Nigel in recommending velocity.
> > I've been on their  TR3 plan  ( 10Gig for $39/month )
>
> Sorry, I meant that I was going off TransACT altogether and going ADSL.
> TPG is offering 1.5M/256k (15 or 20G limit then shaped) for $50/mo.
> This, plus Telstra line rental comes in at about $8/mo less than my
> current TransACT + Netspeed 512/128 (750M peak, unlim offpeak, then
> shaped).

Just for anyone who happens upon this thread later and gets confused,
Velocity offer both Transact and ADSL. Michael was talking about
Transact and I was talking about ADSL. The ADSL plans are good and
affordable for lower speeds, but Tony is right about 1500 being $90.

http://www.velocity.net.au/view.cfm?pageid=homeadslpricesvolume

Regards,

Nigel

--