[clug] Firefox question

David Tulloh david.tulloh at infaze.com.au
Thu Jan 13 23:34:52 GMT 2005

Enter about:config in the location bar to get a giant listing of
options, many of which are not in the preferences dialogs.  You should
be able to find a way to disable it in there.

Personally I find the google search from the location bar very useful
but don't like the way it goes to the first link.  So I edited the
browser.search.defaulturl, took out the I'm feeling lucky and use it to
do regular google searches.

Changing the url may also fix your security concerns as it takes you to
a search page so you know you aren't where you meant to go.

David