[clug] SCSI information

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Tue Jan 11 09:34:04 GMT 2005

Burn:
> echo "scsi add-single-device $bus 0 $sid $lun" > /proc/scsi/scsi
>
> Where 'bus' is the bus number reported in a as is sid.

This is of course precisely what I needed. Thanks for that. I have added a
couple of lines like that one to /etc/rc.d/rc.local along with a 'mount -a'
and all the volumes I've enumerated in /etc/fstab are available on booting.

Now I'm a tad puzzled as to why I also need to put 'modprobe <module_name>'
into /etc/rc.d/rc.local to get the HBA's driver loaded. Adding it
to /etc/modules.conf  as scsi-hostadapter2 does no good and it's ignored.
This is odd, because scsi-hostadapter0 and 1 are in /etc/modules.conf and
they load up alright at boot.

Most puzzling.

Cheers,
MC