[clug] Re: Linux/Unix laptops

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 7 15:49:16 GMT 2005

Thanks everyone for all the advice on Linux/Unix laptops.  I'll mull it
over for a while.  Fortunately I managed to get a hold of a laptop to
use for a while so I have plenty of time to think this over.  Actually
it's quite an experience as I have to run Windows on this Dell laptop as
it is not really mine.  The last Windows I ran regularly was Windows 98
(and this was ages ago) and have been using Mandrake as my primary
desktop for the last couple of years.  Windows XP does things
in...different ways from what I've been used to.

BTW, what's this about ANU people getting a discount on IBM laptops?

Pearl