[clug] USB printer on CUPS

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Thu Jan 6 08:01:36 GMT 2005

I recently bought a cheap Brother Laser for home and am having a problem
with cups putting it into the disabled state.   I assume the USB backend is
aborting and the only message I can see in the error_log is "Media tray
empty"  This could be a message generated when I open and close the paper
tray to recycle some paper when the printer is idle.  All I really want to
do is stop the queue going disabled.

I've searched the CUPS docs and cant find any way to do this.

Any CUPS gurus out there?

I guess I could put a wrapper around the usb backend that always exits
clean but that's an ugly hack.

The printer is a Brother HL-1430

--
Brett