[clug] CLUG Wiki

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jan 5 00:35:11 GMT 2005

On 4 Jan 2005, at 11:55, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:13:30PM +1100, James Ring wrote:
>> I also suggest MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/) as the
>> actual
>> implementation, because it's easy to setup and use,

> Yep, it was I that started the (surprisingly) small thread about
> revamping
> the CLUG website. I'm keen for a Wiki, and I have no technical
> preference
> for which software to use to accomplish it.

TWiki is even easier to set up - MediaWiki requires a database behind
it, and lots of glue.

TWiki uses files on the file system (this is the kind of thing RieserFS
is for, right? Database/Filesystem convergence)

While there was a big hoopla about a security hole a little while ago
(a big security hole, where the lazy programmer did the usual /^(.*)$/
trick to get around Taint checking), that's been solved. Can anyone
tell me whether MediaWiki has undergone as much scrutiny as TWiki has?

TWiki is simple to set up and use - it's practially a case of install
the package and go. You don't have to worry about a change in the MySQL
package disabling your Wiki.

Alex