[clug] CLUG Wiki

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Tue Jan 4 00:55:24 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:13:30PM +1100, James Ring wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A long time ago, there was talk of having a Wiki on the CLUG website.
>
> I'd just like to revive this topic, because I think a Wiki is a really good
> idea, and could bring a bit of life to the CLUG website. I think it could be
> a good way to document common procedures, or at least provide links to
> documents which already exist in other places.
>
> I would certainly be keen to share some of the things I've done with Linux,
> and also read about what other people have been doing.
>
> I also suggest MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/) as the actual
> implementation, because it's easy to setup and use, and there are plenty of
> examples of how to mark things up on http://wikipedia.org/  . :-)

Yep, it was I that started the (surprisingly) small thread about revamping
the CLUG website. I'm keen for a Wiki, and I have no technical preference
for which software to use to accomplish it.

I haven't done anything yet for a couple of reasons, one, time and two, I
didn't feel there had been enough discussion. If it is indeed that people
aren't too passionate about the website, I'll just get cracking on some of
the stuff that I have in mind (mainly some data-driven stuff relating to
upcoming meetings) when I get the time.

regards

Andrew

--