[clug] modem/router

clug at korgsit.com clug at korgsit.com
Tue Jan 4 00:45:23 GMT 2005

Not a Linux question but I need some quick answer and I thought this list would
be good for that.
Wireless ADSL modem/router. Web Excel, not sure of model number
inc. 4-port switch.

Ignore the wireless bit, I'm not concern that yet, just setting up ethernet.

When I log in to the web control and set the PPPoE settings the modem will
restart and connect to the net (as indicated by an LED), but when it is
connected the ethernet ports stop working - so the modem's connected to the net
but th PC can connect to the modem. When I switch the modem off the on after
remove the phone cable I can then acess the control panel again.

Does anyone know what might be happening here?

Thanks.

Joel Plane.