[clug] Free airport (slightly dead)

Francis Whittle fudje at phreaker.net
Sat Feb 26 11:46:49 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 16:10 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
> If anyone wants the old one, let me know. I don't know how hackable an airport
> is, but IIRC, there is a 486 in there somewhere, and an ethernet port, and a
> modem, as well as the 802.11b.

486, eh?
A teeny bit of research uncovers the AMD "Élan" SC400 embedded
"µController" - processor thingathejig.  Which I can then find no more
information on beyond that it appears to be a 100% 486 compatible chip,
no more no less, apart from being awfully fast for a 486 processor.

What a weird thing to find in an Apple product....