[clug] remoting Mozilla over X

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Feb 15 11:04:38 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:

> If I ssh into a box, with X forwarding, and try to remote back a mozilla
> browser, it seems to launch one from the local machine.  I've had it
> happen on Debian testing (as of now) and RH9.
>
> Don't know why, don't know how, don't know if deliberate.  Any clues?

Yes. Very clever, but I find it quite annoying :)

/usr/bin/mozilla is a shell script. It works out if there is a mozilla
running (seems to do so with some X magic...), and if it finds one, will
open a new window from that running mozilla.

I invoke , "/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin" to open a /new/ copy of
mozilla.

> Tony and Robyn Lewis <beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk>

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\
> You are in a maze of twisty semantics. You have: a hammer.
You miss the semantic. \The semantic hits you. \You are permenantly confused.