[clug] Wanted: ALSA based linux SIP phone software

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 10 03:49:39 GMT 2005

Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:39:50AM +0000, Simon Burton wrote:
>
>>shtoom uses portaudio which uses ALSA.. not sure what asterisk is though.
>>
> Dude, you haven't lived.
>
> <plug=shameless>
> http://linux.conf.au/abstract.php?id=159
> </plug>

Asterisk rocks. Now I'm trying to make the phone on my desk at home ring
from Seattle, using SIP. No bananas, apparently I need more than just
port 5060 opened. Then again, I did no testing with this SIP app before
I left, so it might be something else.

Now, all I need is a PSTN card, and I'll be totally 'lete.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au