[clug] testing monitor resolutions

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 11:34:10 GMT 2005

Feeling a bit splurgy, I'm thinking of upgrading my ageing monitor, with
a second-hand one from auction this weekend, but I want to test the
quality of the image first, of course.

Is there a linux tool that can easily cycle through different video
resolutions and display an image so I can check for blurry picture tubes
and the like?

Google came up dry.  The best I can think of is knoppix, and letting it
reboot and redetect the monitor and video card, and that would give me a
subset of possible modes, but I'm more after being able to to be more
definitive with the modes I want to show, and to switch between them
easily

TIA,

Tony

--