[clug] Microwave/Wireless - DTV Overload

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 3 22:42:42 GMT 2005

Possibly, (of course, you meant 2.45GHz for wireless, not 1.2GHz - right?)

I would be _very_ cautious of any DTV tuner that was susceptible to
harmonics or IF interference, though. These are easy enough artifacts to
design against and with all the CE-style accreditation for consumer
electronics not to emit, nor be susceptible to reasonable emissions, I
would not think that you should see _any_ noticeble interference on your
DTV from either 802.11, or a microwave oven.

If your microwave is interfering with your DTV, this is a sure sign that
the microwave is _very_ sick and needs replacing  immediately.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.