[clug] Will pay money to get mythtv box working

dave davico at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 2 07:16:11 GMT 2005

As a general suggestion, the mythtv-users list is not bad. There are
quite a few aussies.

XMLTV Guide data is currently best retrieved by a script written by list
members during the last 3-4 months. I can post it to whoever is
interested. [It just grabs data from NineMSN, but is very reliable and
complete (at least for now)]

As for WIN changing their pids, CVS mythtv as of about 3 weeks ago has a
completely re-written DVB core. Channels are identified by service id
(which does not change) and pid changes will be picked up automatically
(as will any new services on a transponder.) This is pretty new code,
I'm not suggesting you try it, it may break your mythtv box :)

Dave