[clug] [UNCLASSIFIED] Oh yeah, I remember FTP...

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Dec 16 03:04:54 GMT 2005

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> So how do people manage content on a website when they *don't* have
> access to ssh or rsync?
>
> I have FTP, but that would seem to entail the gratuitous writing of shell scripts
> and less fault tolerance than I have become accustomed to.
>
> Perl's Net::FTP seems to be the most promising solution.

This turned up in todays Freshmeat feed

BarracudaDrive is a secure, multi-user, Web-based file manager which
eliminates the need for FTP access. BarracudaDrive allows the user to
upload, download, and manage files securely on a home computer from
anywhere in the world. BarracudaDrive also bypasses firewalls and
proxies since the communication protocol is HTTPS. The communication is
protected by using SSL, so no one can eavesdrop on your file transfer.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/barracudadrive/?branch_id=61330&release_id=214670

Owen