[clug] achieving persistent device (disk) names

Leigh Purdie intersect at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 05:51:21 GMT 2005

Probably the easiest way to do this, is assign a label to the drive.

So /etc/fstab goes from:
/dev/sda1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

to:
LABEL=rootpartition /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

Use 'e2label' to assign an appropriate label (assuming the partition is
ext2/ext3).

Regards,

Leigh.