[clug] [UNCLASSIFIED] Oh yeah, I remember FTP...

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at nicta.com.au
Wed Dec 14 04:30:29 GMT 2005

ftpfs?  And no I haven't tried it.

On 2005 Dec 14, at 2:51 PM, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So how do people manage content on a website when they *don't* have
> access to ssh or rsync?
>
> I have FTP, but that would seem to entail the gratuitous writing of
> shell scripts
> and less fault tolerance than I have become accustomed to.
>
> Perl's Net::FTP seems to be the most promising solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antti

> IMPORTANT - This message has been issued by The Department of
> Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF).  The information
> transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may
> contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.  It is
> your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and
> defects before opening or sending them on.
> Any reproduction, publication, communication, re-transmission,
> disclosure, dissemination or other use of the information contained
> in this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited.  The taking of any action in reliance upon
> this information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error
> please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission
> together with any attachments.  If you have received this e-mail as
> part of a valid mailing list and no longer want to receive a
> message such as this one advise the sender by return e-mail
> accordingly.  Only e-mail correspondence which includes this
> footer, has been authorised by DAFF

Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641  F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at nicta.com.au  - PGP Public Key on request
callto://kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961