[clug] December clug talk + top list

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Dec 13 11:53:38 GMT 2005

Michael Carden wrote:
>>Paul Wayper
>>has volunteered his abode for the purpose this year,
>
> So.. where is that then?

30 Henry St, Cook.  Please RSVP to paulway at mabula.net or 02 6251 5257 if
you're coming so I can get an idea of numbers.

This being my first CLUG christmas party, I'm not sure how they usually work.
  We'll have a barbecue by then, but it's going to be self-catering as we're
(unsurprisingly) not rich enough to afford to feed everyone.  So: BYO meat,
salad, bread, drinks.  Preferably bring your own picnic gear and chairs, as we
have a limited supply.  We'll supply the deck, barbecue, fridge, sink, water
and internet connection (wired, though - Steve, can you bring a wireless
bridge if you think it's worth it?).

Pascal's talk will be very much appreciated - there's no data projector here,
though... (I don't know, call myself a geek, what do I think I am?)

> Anyway, I reckon CLUG should celebrate 2005. For that matter, what are the
> CLUG top events for 2005? I'll nominate Hoary Hedgehog and Breezy Badger to
> get the ball rolling...
>
> 1. Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog
> 2. Ubuntu Breezy Badger

I would strongly suggest LCA 2005 here.  It was organised locally, was a great
time, had some classic moments (Tridge's explanation of how to be an uber leet
haxor and crack BitKeeper servers was priceless) and was (I felt) a great
credit to all the CLUGgers who did the months of hard work to organise it and
make it work.

Have fun,

Paul