[clug] Re: Laptop without paying the windows tax

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at cyclades.com
Fri Dec 9 05:38:05 GMT 2005

Hi Brad, Hi Canberrans!

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 11:06, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sunday 04 December 2005 13:27 pm, Rodney Peters wrote:
> > Check out http://www.pioneercomputers.com.au
> >
> > They have a wide range of notebooks, including several in your price range.
> >   Most are offerred without OS.  Linspire or Windows XP can be ordered for
> > optional pre-installation.
> Has anyone dealt with them? Certainly the price looks OK....
>
> Brad

I hadn't heard of them, but was looking for a laptop too. I specifically
wanted a Turion, and have settled on their Dreambook 8350. I'll let you
know how it goes.

Regards,

Nigel

PS: Brisbane has too many storms and power blackouts, and the
heat/humidity combination is oppressive. I remember Canberra's dry heat
with some longing (although I have to admit to wondering if Tassie would
be nicer than them both!). No tornadoes here - that I've seen yet -
though.