[clug] Linux Laptop

Dr Mikel astro_mikel at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:59:19 GMT 2005

Hmm...

I installed ubuntu-breezy, fedora3/4, rhel3 on an IBM r50e laptop.

15" screen 1024x768 :(
PM 1.6
512mb ram
PCMCIA dlink wireless (ndis wrapper to get working)
No touch pad only accupoint (preferred)

I like this laptop mainly because of keyboard layout, and you get a really
cool light on the top of the screen so when its dark you can see. (handy if
your afraid of the dark too).

Just a note of the toshibas be careful not to buy one made by toshiba but
manufactured by another company compal, not sure if this is still the case
but anything that came from there fell apart. Usually found in the cheaper
models, but im sure if you ask the tosh rep they will confirm.

Anywho hope this helps, would like to know what you end up selecting and
which dist is installed and how easy it was :)

cheers.
Michael.