[clug] Recommendations for DynDNS?

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Sun Aug 28 05:41:51 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 10:55 +1000, Brett Worth wrote:
> I use zoneedit to host my domain.

As do I. I've only once had a glitch, where it appeared their server
reverted to a setup of mine that had been changed a few months
previously.
Although I'm on a static IP, I still have the magic incantations
in /etc/ppp/ (using lynx) to force update the ip when the link comes up
- occasionally I've had to switch across to using backup dial-up access
which doesn't have the static ips and then our inbound mail and web
pages still work automagically.

Conrad.