[clug] Recommendations for DynDNS?

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Sat Aug 27 12:09:52 GMT 2005

Paul Wayper wrote:
> At 09:31 PM 27/08/2005, you wrote:
>
>> G'Day,
>>
>> Have a dynamic IP ADSL connection and want to run some servers. Any
>> recommendations on a free DynDNS?
>

> I use dyndns.org - specifically, the .dnsalias.net domain.  Smoothwall
> knows about it so setting it up was an absolute breeze, and it's worked
> flawlessly ever since.
>
> HTH,
>
> Paul

I also use dyndns.org,  has worked almost perfectly, only problem is
that it has an update timeout of a month and TPG likes to give me the
same IP for about 6 weeks at a time, so after a month DYNdns.org
complains saying it will remove my 'stale' record if it isn't updated soon.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren                    |   UIN: 10374690
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au |   MSN: qvack4 at hotmail.com
pwarren.homelinux.org          | SKYPE: p.a.warren