[clug] development topic for clug talk?

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 22 13:20:12 GMT 2005

Hi all.

Just out of interest, would someone be able to give everyone (or me, if no one
else is interested) some advice concerning how development happens in the
GNU/Linux community.

For sometime now I've been trying to get myself 'into the loop', hoping that I
might be able to either do any necessary graphics for an app, or
documentation, and to to brutally honest, I didn't come across much info out
there on how someone might be able to find an area they like, contact the
people in charge and offer their skills. Go to an app site, and click
"Participate" and there sadly isn't all that much there. Either it's
completely bland, or it's complete tech speak which the ordinary user, who
has different skills might not comprehend.

It could, of course, just be me...

Mhh, my 5 cent rant. :-)
Cheers.
Pascal