[clug] Linux on new Dell laptops

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Aug 22 11:09:12 GMT 2005

Have the same issue with a D410 and Media Base. CDRom is SATA, the live CD's
I can get booting won't allow me to modify the partition table on HDA, some
get to finding a boot media and crap out on finding /dev/sda, and the others
just plain lock up before I can do anything. I can put Ubuntu on it, but x
won't give me anything useful until I plug an external monitor in. I might
try FC4 tomorrow and see what it does.

As for the broadcom and ghost, I used the NDIS2 driver on the CD, pointed it
at the setup file and it works happily first go. Let me know if you want me
to .tar.gz it up and send it across.