[clug] mail problem on bigpond

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon Aug 15 00:10:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> As of last week I noticed that my mail is always deferred with
> 'no route to host'. This is the case for all addressees (I
> checked four completely different addresses).

I started having problems with mail through bigpond about 2 months ago.

Very strange problem, in fact. telnet once to port smtp, it times out.
telnet again and it would work. Seems to be a reliable "no route to host"
now, though.

Started using bigpond's relays and it's all OK. Apart from the whole
trusting-bigpond-to-deliver-stuff problem.

> Does anyone have an idea what is going on? Did telstra start
> interfering with my mail delivery recently?

They did, and /apparently/ they even told everyone they were going to
start to do it. I didn't see anything, but then I don't usually read all
the stuff tacked onto the end of the bills.

> Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\