[clug] mail problem on bigpond

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Aug 14 23:22:23 GMT 2005

As of last week I noticed that my mail is always deferred with
'no route to host'. This is the case for all addressees (I
checked four completely different addresses).

The error always lists the last MX address (highest priority)
which suggests that the primary one(s) failed too.

A traceroute to any of the MX addresses surely shows a failure
to reach. The strange this is that if I relay the mail through
my ISP (mail-hub.bigpond.net.au) it is all delivered promptly.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? Did telstra start
interfering with my mail delivery recently?

And while I am talking, anyone knows how to enter a wildcard rule
into 'mailertable' that will route all mail to a relay? I have
rules like this (tip often refuses mail from bigpond users):

	pcug.org.au smtp:mail-hub.bigpond.net.au

The default is to deliver directly. I want to now put a rule for
everything to be relayed in the same way until I sort this out.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>