[clug] web server not serving pages to the internet

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Aug 12 07:24:45 GMT 2005

On 12 Aug 2005, at 15:20, Boris Rousak wrote:

> One last thing, when i check the apache access.log
> file I see foreign addresses trying to execute attacks
> against me (mostly for IIS so they obviously can't
> tell what I am) - but this leads me to think that port
> forwarding is working fine and something else is at
> hand.

If your email and web services are on different machines, you
probably need to update the web server with a default route.

Check the output of "route" or "netstat -r" (or even "ip route list")
on both machines. Check that the default route goes to the same place.

Alex Satrapa             M: +61 4 0770 5332
grail at goldweb.com.au     W: http://homepage.mac.com/alexsatrapa