[clug] Portable Audio Players

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Aug 8 23:29:02 GMT 2005

> Thanks for the responses.
>
> I can't seem to find any portable players on the Neuros
> site - they only list an MPEG-4 recorder and Digital Media
> Player "coming soon". The Rio site also no longer lists
> the Karma.
> I'm assuming these are both discontinued products :-(

Well, I got mine on eBay earlier this year but it looks like
they've finally all gone.  And, no, you can't have mine :-)
Unfortunately, you're correct - Rio's hopeless marketing
shot the Karma about a year ago because it was too difficult
to compete with the iPod, despite being smaller in size,
larger in hard drive, more compatible and cheaper.

Best of luck,

Paul