[clug] mythtv

Nicolas Cherbuin n.cherbuin at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 8 01:40:06 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have been trying to setup a PVR with MythTV for sometime but have
encountered a number of hardware and software problems. I have searched
all the relevant howtos and mailing lists but I still have some very
frustrating issues.

I was wondering whether some clugers were using mythtv, since some of my
difficulties are specific to Australian conditions, and would be willing
to help.

In short, I am using fedora 3, I have my tuner (pvr 250) recognised,
have the lirc module loading ok, and can start the back and frontend and
watch the video signal coming from the external input.

My problems:
- lirc dies when I use irw (I have found solutions on the net relating
to this problem but they have not worked for me)
- I don't seem to be able to tell mythtv where to find the Australian
channels and the scanning button is not enabled
- I have tried to use tv_grab_au_tuhs (I have registered) but I did not
succeed in installing the script correctly (I am in the process of
contacting its mailing list)
- I am an interested linux user but not very at ease at the deep end of
the pool

Thanks

Nic

--