[clug] Replacing laptop hdds

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Fri Aug 5 09:17:52 GMT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:44:01AM +1000, Peter Barker wrote:
> > upgraded/replaced the hard drive in their laptop and if it's easy
> > enough to do with just a screwdriver. The comments on the web seem
> > simple enough.
>
> If the Inspiron 4000 is the same chassis as the 8100, it's trivial. Undo
> one screw, pull a piece of the case down (away from the screen), pull
> drive-in-carrier out.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I found it by randomly unscrewing
hopeful looking panels. It's on the left behind to the battery.

When you take it out and turn it over it... rattles...  it's probably
not supposed to do that. It's still working for now though.

At least I know what I'm looking for now. Thanks.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/