[clug] Memory Leak In cAosity

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Aug 4 04:41:13 GMT 2005

Hi Cluggers!

I've got a Dual Xeon 2.8 box with 1Gb ECC running cAosity (RHEL knockoff)
x86-64 with a rather horrific
memory leak. I can reboot the box and have about 10% memory usage, then
after about 8 hours it's at 25%, and within 30 hours of a reboot it's at 90%
where it stays. Top shows a lot of kernel processes at idle with 0.1% memory
used, and CPU utilisation bounces between 1 and 5% so I don't think it's a
hung process.

Box is running Linux 2.6.11.12-72.caos.smp kernel.

I have the option in about 10 days of rebuilding it and seeing if it got a
bad package, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

Any light people could shed on their experiences with SMP linux would be
great.

Regards

Steve.